Microservice AntiPatterns [EN]
16:30 - 17:00, 12th of June (Friday) 2015/ TECH STAGE
It seems everyone’s talking about microservices, lately, but few appear to have given any real thought to best practices around building and deploying them. In this talk, we’ll highlight many of the mistakes we’ve seen people make when building a microservices architecture. We’ll discuss:
- When microservices are appropriate, and where to draw the lines between services.
- Dealing with performance issues (data affinity, parallelism, monitoring).
- Testing and debugging techniques.
- Managing a polyglot landscape and the explosion of platforms.
- Managing failure and graceful degradation.
If you’re an active programmer, then you’re either building a microservice architecture now, or you’re about to inherit someone else’s. This talk will give you the tools to build yours right, and to quickly identify shortcomings of those you have to work within.